Youth Leadership Camp is scheduled for July 15-21, 2022. The KEY Leadership Camp is scheduled for June 5-10 (tentative dates) in Topeka. This will be in lieu of returning to D.C. amid concerns of public health.
New Health and Safety Protocols
- For both in-person programs, students and chaperones must show a vaccination card OR a negative Covid Test within 72 hours of checking in.
- Vaccinations are strongly encouraged for students and chaperones, but not required.
- KEC will supply PPE for all students and chaperones, will conduct daily temperature checks, and will secure COVID rapid test kits to test anyone showing symptoms during the program.
- If a student shows symptoms and/or tests positive, they will be quarantined. It will be the responsibility of the parents to retrieve the student immediately.
- Students are required to wear masks while indoors and within six feet of another student.
Kansas Electric Cooperatives have decided to alter plans in 2022 and move forward with an in-person leadership conference specific to Kansas youth. The conference will be held in Topeka and will provide youth with the opportunity to future possibilities in leadership roles while building lifelong friendships.
KEY Leadership Conference is scheduled for June 5-10, 2022.
FreeState will sponsor ONE area student for this life-changing experience!
Cooperative Leadership Camp
At the Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp, the campers participated in daily membership meetings where they established committees and elected a general manager and board of directors. Campers also had time to enjoy area activities including visits to Fish Creek Falls and Steamboat Springs, river rafting, and participating in camp activities such as volleyball, swimming, and a talent show.
The youth learned about the workings of electric cooperatives through a variety of activities: Yampa Valley Electric’s linemen led a high voltage safety demonstration, campers competed in building a model transmission line out of craft supplies, and they toured the Trapper Mine and Craig Power Plant.
Leadership Camp is scheduled for July 15 to 21, 2022.
FreeState will sponsor ONE area student for this life-changing trip!